Hum Account Setting FAQs
Only Primary Hum+ or HumX Account Holders can invite Family Members who currently do not have an existing hum account. Once Family Members accept the invitation, they will have access privileges and visibility into shared vehicle information including location, maintenance, trip history and roadside assistance benefits.
To invite Family Members, the Primary Account Holder can follow these steps:
- Select Manage Family Members from the pull-down menu.
- Click on Invite Family Members and enter the name, email address and phone number of the person you wish to invite.
- Select the vehicle(s) you want to share with your Family Member and click Send Invitation.
Note: At least one vehicle has to be selected in order for the invitation to be sent. If you only have one vehicle, it will be selected automatically by default.
Yes you can, as long as your vehicle is compatible with Hum. You can check vehicle compatibility at www.hum.com/compatibility/
There are 2 different ways to move a Hum device from one vehicle to another:
Plug your Hum OBD Reader into the port of your new vehicle, then go for a drive. Your data will sync automatically. IMPORTANT: It may take up to 24 hours for the Hum app to update.
From the Hum app, access the side menu and go to My Account, select your vehicle, click on Change Vehicle - Change Vehicle Manually. You will be prompted to enter the VIN number and color of the new vehicle. You can then plug your Hum OBD Reader into the port of your new vehicle before taking a drive.
NOTE: Hum is not intended to be moved back and forth between vehicles. Also note that your prior vehicle’s driving history and notifications will no longer be available after switching.
You can change your password by signing into the Hum App and tapping My Account > Profile in the menu. You can also change your password by signing into the Hum Customer Portal at customer.hum.com and selecting Settings > Profile from the pull-down menu.
Open the Hum App or visit the Hum Customer Portal and select Forgot Password? on the sign-in screen to receive an email with instructions about how to change or recover your password. If you still have issues, call Hum Customer Service at (800) 711-5800.
If you purchased Hum via hum.com, you can sign in to the Hum Customer Portal at customer.hum.com and select Settings > Plans & Billing from the pull-down menu.
If you purchased Hum at a Verizon Wireless store or online through Verizon Wireless, your monthly Hum subscription will appear on your wireless bill. You can manage your billing and payment information here:
- Sign in to My Verizon at www.verizonwireless.com/my-verizon/
- Sign in to the Verizon Wireless Business Portal at www.verizonwireless.com/biz/solutions-and-services/biz-account-login/
Hum× is only available for purchase in the United States, and it will work in all 50 states.
Hum+ is only available for purchase in the United States, and it will work in all 50 states except Alaska.
- If you purchased your Hum+ System from a Verizon Wireless retail location or www.verizonwireless.com, you can upgrade your system to Hum× online at www.vzw.com or by visiting a VZW retail store.
- If you purchased your Hum+ System from hum.com or any other participating retailer, you will need to cancel your Hum+ service, create a new Hum account, and purchase Hum× through Verizon Wireless.
- For Hum+ pricing and features details, please visit https://www.verizon.com/connected-devices/hum-plus-gen-2/
- For Hum× pricing and features details, please visit https://www.verizon.com/connected-devices/humx-gen-2/
In order to be eligible for Crash Response, you must provide a Primary Driver Contact. In the event of a car crash, this is the phone number that emergency services will use to verify if assistance is needed. We recommend using the phone number of the person who is most likely to be driving the Hum-equipped vehicle.
Your Emergency Contact is the person who you may want us to notify in the event of an emergency. If you have an emergency and are speaking with Hum emergency services, they can call your Emergency Contact on your behalf to inform them that you have been in an accident. We will not reach out to your Emergency Contact unless we have your permission.